Thursday, June 14, 2018

It's Summer 2018!

This time last year I was eagerly awaiting my second surgery...scar revision, fat grafting, and nipple reconstruction...on July 25th.  This year, I just got back from our longest road trip vacay ever...3,682 miles from SA to the Florida Keys and back (with stops along the way).

My son turned 16 and this trip was his birthday celebration request and we made the most of it.  We were gone for 11 days. It was so fun!

As far as the new me is concerned, there were no issues.  I have a couple of tiny scars on my chest that show (small round ones from the fat grafting cannula) but aren't really noticeable to most folks.

I did apply extra sunscreen to the scars when we were out in our swimsuits because my PS warned me that the scar tissue is extra sensitive.  His nurse told me that the scars can become dark and then won't ever fade if exposed to too much sun.  Really don't need polka-dots on my chest so I went with a little 70spf on there. :)

A few highlights from a Survivor's Vacation:

Now that we are home, life is getting into Summer-mode. I'm back at work (and we are busy!), my son is working on Driver's Ed (eek!), and I am staying busy on my days off with my craft business.

Even though Summer has just begun, we all know it won't be long before Fall is upon us. And, I am super excited that I have the opportunity to attend the Overcomers Fall Workshop this year!  If you haven't read up on this group yet, please do!  You can find their page here.   A couple of their members spoke at the last PRMA Pink Ladies event I attended and told y'all about in a previous post.

I registered today for the 9-week Survivors Only Workshop here in San Antonio!  It starts on Aug 1st. so if you are interested, get signed up now.  Looking forward to telling all of you about it when I get started.

Hope everyone has a wonderful start to their Summer!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, I would like to pay very special thanks for sharing this useful information which is very helpful for me.
    Surgical Scar Revision in Dubai

    ReplyDelete