Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Got Nipples?? Phase 2 is done!

                             WARNING:  THERE ARE GRAPHIC/NUDE POST-OP PHOTOS IN THIS POST.

Yesterday was my Phase 2 surgery with my amazing Plastic Surgeon, Dr. O.  Not as much preparation needed for this one since it was outpatient and such a big difference in recovery.
My sweet son is such a trooper getting up at
0430 to go with me to the hospital!

I had to be at the hospital at 0530 with an 0730 start time....we pretty much started right on time.  The whole surgery took about 4 hours and I was home by 3pm.  Only negative was that I got nauseated and was vomiting from the anesthesia afterward....no fun!  I was still sick all evening off and on but finally took a phenergan and tried to sleep it off.  Thankfully, I woke up early this morning feeling more like myself again.  No nausea!

I am really not in pain, just very sore.  My breasts are tender, but the flanks and thighs where he did the liposuction for the fat grafting is where I feel the most discomfort.  As I am typing this, my flanks feel sore but not painful; however, it is quite painful to get up and down from sitting position.  Once I'm up, I can walk with only that sore feeling.

Since I was sick yesterday, I didn't really eat but a few bites.  Had a small breakfast this morning and so far so good.  Just dropped a pot roast in the crockpot for tonight.....definitely wasn't working in the kitchen after last surgery!

Let's get started!  Dr. O with me just before surgery.
He marked me up all over....secret language of Plastic Surgeons!
Now for the part y'all have been waiting for....the surgery and results!

Dr. O built my new nipples (3D nipples!) from the skin flaps from my abdomen that he placed during my initial reconstruction in March.  There are sutures all around the edges and on the nipples.  It looks rough today, but I am so VERY HAPPY with them!  My breasts look like breasts again!  
Look at that dimension!

Gnarly looking today, but once they heal and have the
color tattoo, they will be practically perfect!
He also did liposuction on my inner thighs and along both flanks....these are the sore areas today!  Dr. O said I will be bruised pretty badly all along there and even maybe the back of my legs.  The fat he got from there was used to "plump up" my breasts and give me the size and lift I needed.
Hard to get a good pic of my inner thigh, but the top right is the "hole"
from the lipo cannula.
Thighs are sore, but maybe I'll have a bit of a high gap after!!  :)
My abdominal incision looks great so he did not revise any of it.  He did however cut off the overhanging skin ("mini muffin tops" or "dog ears") from each end of the abdominal incision. Again, thrilled with the results there.  Even though I am swollen and look Sponge-Bob shaped again, you can tell it's going to be great once the swelling goes down.
Incisions on both sides where Dr. O removed my "dog ears".
Love not having that overhang!
 I woke up from surgery with the ugly surgical bra on and a tight compression garment that goes from just under my breasts to my calves.  That sucker is a beast to get on and off!  The spare one I bought only goes to my knees and seems to slide up easier.  I think both will be better to get in to when I'm less swollen and sore to the touch.

I am supposed to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen every 8 hours....which I probably will just to stay ahead of this soreness (don't want it to turn into pain).  I am also on an antibiotic every 8 hours.  Otherwise, my instructions were regular diet, light walking, and to sleep!!
Sounds like a Netflix day in bed is called for!
Look at the difference!  First photo was yesterday morning when I was getting
ready to head to the hospital. The second photo was this morning, less than 24 hours later!
All in all, I am thrilled with the outcome.  I love my new breasts...nipples make all the difference!

I asked my friends and family to send me pics of them wearing their #teamJules t-shirts yesterday while I was in surgery.  It was so fun to scroll thru my FB feed last night and see all of them!!  I have the best group of friends, co-workers, and family!


Have a blessed week!


2 comments:

  1. Wow Julie! You're such a trooper. The yesterday and today pics are quite remarkable!! Hope your recovery continues to progress so smoothly!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Feeling good and happy with the results.

      Delete