Sunday, May 7, 2017

It's Tummy Time! 9 Weeks Post-op Update

Tomorrow is 9 weeks post-op!  It really is hard to believe how quickly life is moving on.  


Me with my friend (& NICU Manager)
getting ready for the NICU Reunion!
I've been back at work for 3 full weeks and things are going very well there.  I feel stronger every shift and was happily able to participate in our annual NICU Reunion yesterday! It was so much fun to see all of our NICU Graduates so happy and healthy and to catch-up with their families.  We all look forward to the event every year!

Those of you who follow me on Facebook (@bosomthing) know that I could stop wearing the abdominal binder at week 8.  So, this past week has been a bit of an experiment in how it feels to be without that extra support. Overall, it is better than I expected.  For now, I will continue to wear it to work...just because I feel more secure with a little extra support on those long, busy shifts.  On my days off, however, I am going without it and it's been nice. It is definitely cooler without that extra layer; especially since we've had some really hot days here lately!  That's South Texas for you!

I was very concerned about the amount of swelling I would have when not wearing the binder and have been pleasantly surprised to find that it is not bad at all!  Like everything else on this journey, it seems to improve each week!

Here is a 2.5 minute video to show you the progress on my abdomen:
(I realize I do not have makeup on for this video, but I'm learning through this journey to be less concerned with all of that...or at least trying to be.)


Have a great week!

1 comment: